Saturday, June 19, 2010

No more Ms. Nice Morgie!

Okay, So I've been giving this a lot of thought (sorta...enough thought anyway). I don't see why I'm so bloody nice to my "friends."

To put us all on the same page, let me tell you my definition of a friend. This is the definition I've used ALL my life, so forget whatever Webster and his dictionary say (seriously, just 'cause he can alphabetize and define every word in the English language, it does not mean Webster knows anything!).

A friend: Noun, someone who stands by you, stands up for you, and stands when there is only one chair (jk, that last one I just threw in there). A friend is someone who won't judge you, but will love you no matter what predicament you find yourself in. A friend is someone who will tell you if your clothes are hideous, or if your haircut looks like the wrong end of a dog, but they'll say it nicely. What separates a friend from anyone else is their super power: love.

Growing up I've always had at least one best friend. (A best friend is like a SUPER friend, only they don't wear a cape.) I fought a ton with my first best friend, but at the end of the day we never wanted to stop being together. Heck, we're still friends today, even though he moved away ten years ago.

Recently, in today's society, it seems that friendship means squat! When Danny and I were together, it was all cool. Worst relationship ever (for me), but my friends were all okay. I get a new, wonderful boyfriend and suddenly it's like I'm the devil's daughter! First, one of my friends (Fred) got all pissy at me and, I swear, wanted me dead. He's still a butthead. My girl friends all began to ditch me. Like in Disneyland. WHO DOES THAT!? Who rides on a bus next to their BEST FRIEND for twelve hours, then "forgets" about her in the bathroom and ditches her in CALIFORNIA? Then, that same person, after ditching their BF, gets all defensive and starts to blame the person that got ditched. WHO I ASK!? Yes, yes I am pretty pissed about that. I know it happened over a year ago, but it still hurts, and I'm never going to forget it.

Another friend, that I was super close to, decided that I'm no longer cool enough to hang out with her group. So, instead of making time for me, she decides it's just easier to whisper behind my back (mind you, she sucks at whispering) and play nice to my face than to be straight up and stand up for me. But hey, I don't care about that. I just don't understand at all.

You know what else I don't understand? How someone could totally turn on the one person ALWAYS there for them. I'm not kidding, it's a real life story. Once upon a time I met a girl. She was new. Not many people liked her. All of my friends (guy friends) found it very very entertaining to make her cry. I foiled every single plan to make her cry that I could. I think I got all but one. I was called a lot of mean names and I got pretty dang hurt. Of course I never got upset at her, it wasn't her fault. I told the guys that I couldn't be friends with them if they were going to be jerks like that. I told them I would do anything in my power to stop them and if given the chance I would reverse the trick straight back on them. It wasn't right to be hurting some girl they didn't even know. So after making my junior high years suck, this girl was a complete jerk to me because I got into a fight with some boy. (That boy was rude to me, I told him to suck it. The girl got all huffy at me for hurting his feelings.) She told me to get lost because I was a terrible friend. I recapped how much I did for her, and she still thinks I'm terrible. About a year or two after that, this year at school I still helped her, I listened to her, I even took interest in her interests! Of course it didn't matter because she still thinks I'm a complete loser and a terrible friend.

I could go on, but those three stories are the ones that bug me the most.

I'd write out a whole story but I already did on a previous post (RMJ) about a true friend.

Nathan is a true friend. No matter how much I pick on him or get upset at him, he never ever ever ditches me, whispers behind my back (he's not that good at whispering either), nor tells me I'm terrible. No matter what happens between us, he'll always be my best friend.

My siblings are great friends, for the most part. If you take the average. =) Yea, they bug me, or steal my stuff, or break my stuff, but they'll never ditch me. Not all nine of them anyway.

So in my thinking (which I mentioned earlier), I wondered why I even stick up for the people that won't even wait five minutes for me. Why do I go out of my way to support their activities when they didn't even go to the photo show during lunch to see what I do? Why do I stand up for them when given the chance they'll talk badly about me or my family? Why do I let them read my blog and see what is going on in my life when they won't make time to even text me how they are? Why do I let them hurt me?

I was taught to be kind to everyone, so I don't plan on being rude or mean to anyone. But what goes around comes around. I'm done trying to be nice. I don't need people like that in my life. I'm ready to move on. I'm done making all the efforts. It's your turn.

If you want to be MY friend, you can text me. My friends text and call me. We do stuff together (or at least try to between work shifts and stuff). This will be the last blog post you receive if I don't think you're a true friend. If you get another post then thank you; thank you for being a friend, for supporting me, and for being an example to me. If you don't get another post, then I'm sorry. Just like all ships, friendship requires at least two people to float. Consider this ship sunk. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan, i freaking love you. You are so strong, and you are right! If your friends are going to treat you like crap, who needs them? You are so much better than those people who whisper, and who drop you for thee STUPIDEST reasons. I wish i could write like you, you have exactly explained how this past year has been for me. I realized that i have to stop trying to make people happy by being their friend. If they treat me like crap, then bye! Im glad you are doing the same.

    You probably didn't want a novel, sorry :) but im glad you have a comment box that i can write you novels on! Thank you so much for sharing, i love love your insight and your ideas. You are so strong and amazing! And im glad you have Nathan, he seems like an amazing guy :)

    ReplyDelete