Monday, August 2, 2010

Wa--here's your steak

So I don't understand a title line on a blog. If I could sum up my post in one short line I'm sure I wouldn't even write it. I guess I could put the date, but that seems redundant. I could just not put a title, but that seems a bit like I'm making nasty stew or something, throwing all these unlabeled posts together.

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to write about. I wanted to post a poem on here. I wrote this at Lake Powell when I was freezing my butt off in the cubby room on the boat. I got woken up by a REALLY annoying thumping noise, so I figured I'd do something productive. So here goes:

My heart burns.
I sit alone
Cold and
Helpless
Always wondering
Endlessly confused
Lost

Dreams gone bad
And with
No way out
No one to help
Yikes

Nothing is wrong
And it never will be.
To infinity and beyond,
Holding on
And
Never letting go.


That probably seemed incredibly random, but I promise there's a pattern. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment