Sunday, September 26, 2010

A - Andrew

I just realized how many people I know who have a name that starts with A. I chose Andrew first without even thinking about it. Clearly he really left a mark on me.

I don't know what to say really. Most of the things I think of Andrew are feelings. That sounds really...weird. But it's true. I don't think anything about Andrew. I feel things about him. I always have. I've always felt that there was more to life than what's happening right now when I would talk to him. Not in a cutesy way. I felt that there was more to life because to Andrew, there was more to life. He showed that by being who he is. There were a lot of times in Jr. High when I felt like I didn't want to keep going or something. Then I would talk to Andrew, about anything, and I felt like I could push through the retarded phase.

That was the most retarded paragraph I've ever written, but I can't think of how to say everything I feel. My feelings aren't romantic ones, or evil ones. I don't love him like that. I don't hate him for any reason. I admire him...I think. That's the closest thing I can think of. Andrew has always been one of those kids that I looked up to, and the memories I still have will always be ones I look up to.

There were a lot of times when I saw him being genuinely sweet to someone. These were times when he showed he really cared about someone who was having a rough time. Even though those times probably weren't for me to see, I still thought they were beautiful. I can't recall who Andrew was with, or what he said, I can only remember how I felt watching them (or hearing about them after). And those are feelings I'll never forget. So thank you Andrew. Thank you for being the boy you are. I know we aren't friends now (even though that would be wicked awesome if we were), but I'll never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment