Sunday, September 26, 2010

B - Ben

B is for Benjamin Barton (which actually would get me double points in Scattegory).

Like with Andrew ( post letter A), I don't think much about Ben. I feel things about him. Ben is one of those friends that people always wish they had, as far as a guy/girl friendship goes. When we were a bit younger he always made me smile. I really enjoyed hanging out with him because I knew I'd forget my stupidness and just relax. I doubt he realized he did that, but he did. He's always had a way of making me feel relaxed and better.

Now that we're older and going to college he's still there. Ben goes through his share of problems in the week, but he still listens when I'm having a hard time. Not only does he listen, but he gives me the chance to listen to him, and that means a lot to me too. It makes me feel like I actually matter to someone out there.

Ben has this certain innocence to him. He could say something that someone else has already said, but it comes out differently. He's always claimed he isn't what I see him to be, and he could be right, but there's still something about him. Being around him feels very different than being around anyone else. It's not a bad thing, it's just different. 

Out of all the friends that have come and gone in my life, I've always wanted Ben to stay in my life. I don't want him to be as more than a good friend, but I definitely don't want him to just disappear. Thank you, Ben, for being such a good friend.

P.S. After writing this post, I remembered something else. Poetry. If I had had it my way, I would have ripped up all my poems and thrown them out. I would have let that part of me go. But Ben didn't let me. That meant a lot to me. It kind of opened my eyes as well. It makes me laugh too, just remembering all that. I doubt Ben still has those poems, but that doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment