Tuesday, September 28, 2010

E - Emily

Emily, Emily, Emily. What to say about Emy. =) There's a lot to say about Emily.

Actually, I know exactly what I want to say. I want to say that Emily is awesome. When I first met Emily, I was going through some tough times. I wasn't the happiest camper in the woods. I kinda felt like no one really understood what was going through my mind. I felt a lot of things that were really bizarre even to myself. What was even more bizarre (now that I look back) is how Emily knew exactly how I felt. Not always the bad things either. When I felt like I had some spiritual revelation Emily knew what was going on. I say that was bizarre because Emily never went through the same things as me. I was looking back on all of those times when I would tell Emily how I was feeling and it amazes me that two people that came from two totally different backgrounds could relate so well.

We used to say that we were spirit twins. Both sent down here to understand each other and help each other through the rough years. When I stop to think about it, I realize that it makes no difference whatsoever where I person grows up or what the physical conditions are. We both grew up on the same foundation: The gospel. The Lord knew exactly what He was doing. He gave Emily and I similar spiritual experiences so that we could understand each other. It didn't matter that the experiences were wrapped in different physical packages. It only mattered what we each learned.

Sometimes I feel like Emily spent more time helping me than I did her. Now that we're older and in college it kinda seems like I can't help her. But if I ever get the chance, I'll help her in a heartbeat, no second thoughts. I love Emily, and I hope that wherever life carries her she'll remember how amazing she really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment