Saturday, September 18, 2010

Honestly?

Honestly, I just don't care. I'm pretty tired of "friends." I'm tired of smiley faces and turned up noses. I'm tired of hellos with endless goodbyes. I'm tired of hearing one thing and seeing another. So guess what? I don't care. I don't care if you sit there and smile at me while whispering out of the side of your mouth. I don't care if you say hi just to look good for your friends. I don't care if you have "good intentions" because really the thought only counts in bought gifts. I don't care if you want to hate me. You can hate me in secret, or openly. You can write it in your diary or post it on the web. Either way, I. Don't. Care. I have friends. Friends that don't just smile politely. Friends that don't walk out on a rough day. Friends who pat me on the back when I do something good, or laugh at me when I trip down the stairs. I have real friends. So feel free to freely feel. I'm headed on a rough road upward, and my friends are going to be there every step of the way. I'll be there to pat them on the back, help them up from a fall, or take a little extra time to work through something. Why? Because it matters a lot to me when someone treats me like I matter. I do matter. If you have a problem with that, you can just move on. There is nothing left for you here.

P.S. when I make it to the top, I won't forget you. I'll just be "too busy" to say hi. Sound familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment