Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Internships and Fairs

So I just got an email from someone asking for student hosts for these people who are offering internships and careers to people. (A student host would just run errands for the employers on campus. AKA "slave runners") At first I was like "No way, I'm busy enough!" Then I thought about it a second, and read the email again. The email had a list of benefits for working as a host (it sounds like the employers are going to feed off of us, my gosh). Among the benefits was something along the lines of working with these employers and making connections. After reading that, I thought, "Hey, connections are good." So I checked the list of employers planning on attending. On the list were Disney, and The LDS Church (among other boring things like Aflac). In case you missed it, DISNEY and THE LDS CHURCH will be at this gig!

Let's take a flash back moment: Big goal: Internship with a major studio or director/producer/screenwriter
Goal I just came up with at work: Enter LDS Film festival
. Remember that post? (It's almost like a movie with advertising [movie term, don't worry about it if you don't understand]).

This is perfect! Internship with a major studio or producer: BAM! Disney!
Enter LDS film festival (and make LDS films): BAM! The Church will be there! (oh, I forgot to interject that the Church had a specific listing looking for audio and digital cinema people.)

Seriously, this is almost too good to be true. I can't believe it! I think I want to do this pretty badly. I would probably need to miss an hour of work, which I might be able to work out... I hope. I don't know if I can do it, but I think I'll go to the meeting I was emailed about and see if I can do it.

=) (x10)

No comments:

Post a Comment