Thursday, September 30, 2010

J - Jessica

The one thing I learned from Jessica that stands out in my mind is patience. When we first met, I don't think we really got along that well. I know I bothered her, and she bothered me. Yet, somehow, we're friends now. I don't know where that change happened, or what caused it, but I know that it required a lot of patience. Patience to wait out any stupid disagreement we got into. Patience to keep quite while she talked (even if I disagreed). Patience to wait for her to talk to me first. It really required a ton of patience. It probably required a lot from her too.

It's really hard to say much about Jessica. Not because she's lame, because she isn't. But because I feel more than I think (yes, this happens often with people). I feel like I love her like a best friend. I feel like she makes me smile. I feel like I can trust her. I feel like I'm glad I met her when I did.

From the first day I met her, I knew she was awesome. It's true. Jessica has always been awesome. She's really funny, and really talented. I love hanging out with her. I always laugh and have a good time. I'm jealous of her mad music skills, but that's okay. I'll survive.

It's because of those qualities that I didn't get along with her. I was jealous. Yup, I admit it, I was jealous. I don't know why. I think we just had similar personalities which caused a huge clash. We were both young, and kinda immature, which played a huge role in that too. We liked the same guys, which wasn't good. We both had a similar sense of humor, which sounds good, but it wasn't. We both craved the spotlight. I don't think too much has changed. I think that we've just learned to handle it better. We're more mature. Instead of flipping out we back off.

I know Jessica has done a lot for me just by being her. And I honest to goodness hope I do the same for her. If I had to choose one thing to tell her I would tell her that she's amazing, to hang in there and that I love her. (okay, that was three things, but who's counting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment