Thursday, September 30, 2010

M - Michael

Dear world,

Today I'm writing about Michael S. Primrose. I'm writing because the letter is M, and because Michael is a big chunk of what I remember from Junior High.

I remember meeting him, in the summer. We both played viola (and this would be the last viola player I'll probably write about, I promise). I remember we went to school together in first grade. I remember we became friends pretty quickly. I also remember that with Koa's help, Michael was able to manipulate me into hanging out at his house. And that event changed my life entirely. It put me where I am today, at this desk, writing this post. I am not exaggerating.

One day I went to Michael's. Why? Because if I didn't he would tell people I liked Jack. Being a kid, that sounded horrible. So I went to Michael's. (I think deep down I just wanted to hang out.) At Mike's I met a lot of new people, those people became my friends fast and furiously. Those friends influenced my life in such a way that I can't explain. In this group of friends was Jessica, Emily, Danny, Justin (which led to me meeting Andrew), and Zak. Talk about a party, right? No matter how much I denied enjoying that experience, I loved it. I loved every second of it. "Now we'll take the chocolate cookie." "Uh...dude, that's a hamburger patty." I still laugh when I think about that.

After ninth grade, things got so weird. I don't even know what happened. At first all those confused events, well, confused me, and hurt me. Now that I look back on them, they don't. They've made me stronger, and gave me the desire to do what I'm doing now. The biggest and most important step I took was talking to Mike about it. What I said, I don't know. What he said, I don't know times ten! But Whatever it was, it was perfect. It's made me grow up a lot, and accept the world around me.

Mike taught me that the only way out, isn't down. There's also an up. Up and Out (like a glass elevator). Rising above instead of hiding below. That's what Mike taught me. He taught me these things by just being him and doing what he does best: learn. (Actually showing off is what he does best, learning is second.)

Thank you Mike, for everything. I hope your life goes well. I'll see you around sometime. When that time comes I'll probably hug you and thank you for being who you are. Good luck, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment