Tuesday, January 4, 2011

For Pete's Sake!

Facebooking when I'm tired is not a good idea.

Honestly, I don't care about not getting invited anymore. I have a life of my own, and I don't mind my old friends doing things together without me. I do mind them saying "we should hang out" then we never do, then I find out they did without me. I mind that when I ask them about they lie and hide things. Why can't people be mature enough to talk about their feelings? Why can't I get a straight answer when I ask "What did you do over the break?" If they answered "A bunch of us hung out at my house. We made cookies and watched a movie. It was awesome!" I'd be totally okay with that. Yes, it would still sting a bit, but it wouldn't matter as much. When they say "nothing. I hung out with my family all week." then I found out that they all hung out and all lied about it...that's not okay. It makes me want to not talk to any of them. It makes me want to just ignore them all and call them out on it.

I will call them out on it, especially Emy... and I will probably ignore them. I'm tired, I'm sick, and now I'm hurt. I don't think it's okay for them to lie to me, no matter what the circumstances. I want friends who don't lie to me. I want friends who tell me the truth, no matter what it is. If the truth were "I invited someone who doesn't like you, so I'm not inviting you" I'd want to know it.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm extremely tired of people being petty and stupid. We're in college now, so we should act like adults. I know adults don't always act mature, but this is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment