Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Halogen Lights

If it didn't take so much time, I'd actually relax more. The tragic truth is, I don't have time. I wake up, get ready for school, go to school, go to work (the latter two being in any order), go home to do homework (or stay at school to do homework), eat dinner, go to sleep. Rinse. Repeat. Day after day, after day, after day, after day, after day, after day....after...well you get the idea.

You may be thinking "Well gosh, Morgan, stop blogging and take this time to relax." To shoot you down, I'm at work (I'm taking one small break from doing homework). I will be until five. At five thirty I will be in class until eight... At eight I will be doing my photography assignment. At nine I'll either be sound asleep or wishing I was sound asleep while I eat dinner.

Needless to say, I'm burning myself out.

In cinematography we had a lesson on lights. (Which reminds me, I have homework for that class too...) We learned about every kind of set light you could think of. We even watched as Bob smoked his glove in an HMI. Aside from the dangers of light, Bob also showed us what happens when certain lights explode. (Unfortunately lights cost too much to explode for a lesson, so we only got to see the results.)

Among the blown up lights were half a dozen halogen lights. These lights are super sensitive. The gas (halogen) heats up inside and goes bouncing around like crazy. (Similar to the florescent lights.) This puts the glass frame under a lot of stress. If you bump the light too much, it becomes off balance and explodes. If you touch the light and leave skin oil on it, it explodes. If it gets too hot, it explodes. If it isn't placed in correctly, it explodes. If you yell at it-- jk.

I feel like one of those little lights. There's so much to do, so many things to get done... so much to learn. If everything in my life doesn't stay in balance, I'll probably explode. If I have to travel too much, right now, I'll explode. If too many people bump me, or ask for too many things, I may explode. If too many things leave a messy wake, then I'll explode.

"Then start to simplify, Morgan."

This is as simple as it gets. I'm not in any extracurricular, nor am I out partying every night (only every other night...). If there were a relaxation technique that didn't require any extra time, that would be a hit.

As it is, there is no such relaxation technique. There isn't much time in a day either. I'm also not capable of cloning myself, so I have to deal with being one person. As a spokesperson for this one person, I say God needs to give us just two more hours each day, so I can sleep... Or maybe I should just buy personal insurance in case I explode...

No comments:

Post a Comment