Monday, August 8, 2011

The Hardest Part

My supervisor showed me that.

Everything has something hard to it. Clearly the hardest part about rollerblading is telling your parents you're gay. The hardest part about working for Vivint is working for Vivint. The hardest part about applying for jobs is having the patience to sit and fill out applications. The hardest part about raising kids is remembering not to lock them in dungeons...or something like that.

The point is, nothing is ever 100% easy all the time. True, breathing is easy, but your first breath probably wasn't the easiest. Sleeping can be easy, but there is such a thing as insomnia. Eating can be hard one way or another. School is hard sometimes. Work is hard. Life in general is hard.

Right now, the hardest thing in my life is dealing with work, but even harder than that is proving someone wrong. (that made no sense...dang)

Basically, I've come to realize that the hardest part about proving someone wrong is actually proving them wrong.

Sometimes it's super easy to prove someone wrong:

Other: "Morgan, you can fly!"
Morgan: "Oh really?" *jumps and falls on face*

Other times, it's really hard:

Other: "Morgan, you cannot fly!"
Morgan: "Oh %$&#!!"

Right now, I'm in a blue situation. I cannot prove someone wrong. Actually, I can't figure out how to prove someone wrong. I want nothing more than to prove this dude wrong. I want to be invincible and amazing! Basically, I need to not get hurt, at all, for the next three months...not that hard. But I also need to just be overall awesome.

It sounds easy enough, but in reality, I don't know how to just be awesome. I can be awesome sometimes, but I need to be beyond awesome right now. I need to be so awesome that even this kid can't help but notice. I don't want his attention as in I want him to like me. I want his attention as in I want him to dislike me.

I want him to be mad at himself for saying I couldn't do it. I want him to have such a massive face-palm moment that he leaves a huge red hand print on his face for a week. I want him to be embarrassed to talk to me. It sounds harsh, but it's true. I love this dude to pieces, and I really admire him, but I do NOT like his opinion of my abilities. He needs to realize that just because he's older than me, and more experienced (that's what she said), he does not get to say what I can and cannot do.

For the next three months I'm going to work on my awesomeness. I'll keep you updated on it. Cross your fingers and pray that I can show this guy up. If I can, that means great things for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment