Sunday, August 28, 2011

Soap Opera Sunday

Why do they call them soap operas? I have a couple of theories, but I don't think they're all that accurate.

Theory 1: Women used to watch them while making soap. Back then, there was probably a lot more singing.

Theory 2: They were advertised on soap boxes, knowing that women would buy the soap and be intrigued at the shows that specifically targeted them.

Some day I'll research it. For now, I'll just write you a brief description of what's going on in my head, soap opera style! It's hard to WRITE a soap opera on a blog, so it'll be formatted like a story.

Morgan was sitting on the bed/couch in the family room. Thoughts of confusion cross her mind, leaving her face twisted and her eyes empty. She was thinking about the previous day. "Why in the world did Cameron write that text? It made no sense. I bet it was his girlfriend. She seems pretty immature, and that's exactly the kind of thing she would do."

While pondering what to say to Cameron, or what to do about the situation, Morgan's mind drifted to other immature people. So she looked them up on facebook. The immaturity of some people's actions overwhelmed Morgan. "Oh boy. Now I should blog about it." So she did.

That's it. The end.

Seriously though, some people drive me insane. I know I'm dramatic a lot, but I am a 19 year old girl. I'm allowed to be a bit dramatic sometimes. Normally I'm a pretty chill kind of girl. You can do your thing and I'll continue on my marry little way. I don't care if you get drunk, or smoke, or eat cilantro. Those are your life choices. I don't care if you go hang out with your friends or text me cryptic and ridiculous messages then ignore me. Honestly, I don't care if you want to steal all my left shoes! You do your thing, I do mine.

That's how I am normally, but once upon a time, my feelings were hurt...again and again and again and again. No, I'm not quite over that. I do still feel really angry and hurt when it crosses my mind. Why? Because it was all due to some people's lack of consideration and true friendship.

I don't know about you, but I deeply care about my friends. I would give my life for Nathan. I'd drop everything and rescue Robyn if she needed it. I'd sell my soul for Timera. I would most definitely do what I could to help Nick. I wouldn't ever hurt James or let anything hurt him. I sincerely care about my friends and their lives. Naturally, I do things on my own, but if I'm having a party, I WILL invite ALL my friends. I won't pick and choose and just happen to leave ONE person out.

The fact that I was in a circle of friends and I happened to get excluded really really pisses me off. I've asked a million times why they did that, but the answer almost makes less sense than them just excluding me. Apparently, they thought I didn't have fun with them. So Instead of asking, they just assumed and excluded me.

I'm getting really worked up over this and it really really pisses me off. Haha. What I want to do is email them and just rip them a new one, but I also don't want to have anything to do with them. I can think back to all the good times we had together, and it makes me smile, but then I realize that they were probably being mean behind my back. It's too late to worry about it anymore, because I'm all growed up and they aren't. It's impossible to ask for a logical answer from a child...if they want to act like high schoolers for the rest of their lives, they can do that. I'll just be over here, in my world, with my grown up friends, doing grown up things and enjoying LOGICAL moments and HELPING each other instead of trying to one-up everyone.

Yea...I can be a soap opera sometimes... but only when I sing while in the shower. (get it?)

You won't believe it, but I found this picture AFTER I came up with the "Soap Opera Sunday" idea...and I didn't even google "Soap Opera Sunday!" Guess it was meant to be:




No comments:

Post a Comment