Friday, August 5, 2011

You're wrong

If you know me, then you know that I don't take "no" for an answer. I will not be told what to do (unless it's something I want to do) and I don't listen when someone tells me I cannot do something. Sometimes this gets me into trouble, but most times it gets me where I want to be. Right now, it's getting me ice cream.

Yes, I am lactose intolerant. I have been for a few years (that I know of). It's been a really long few years. I feel like it's been my whole life. I gave up milk without too much of a fight (because it made me sick), but I still struggle with wanting Macey's soft serve ice cream. It is seriously God's gift to Orem city.

Normally, milk (and dairy in general) makes me really sick. I've been testing that lately, and so far so good. I got sick for about ten minutes after eating an ice cream treat at Lake Powell. And I've been able to eat cereal with real milk in the mornings. Next test? MACEY'S SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM!

I am not going to sit here and let my own body tell me I can't have what I want. That's just dumb. I want ice cream, I'll get ice cream.

People didn't think I could graduate HS with my AS degree, but I did it. People didn't think I could write, but I'm doing it. People didn't think I could be a grip, but I tried that and did it alright. People thought I'd be pregnant before I turned 20, but I'm not. Do not tell me what I can and cannot do. It just doesn't work. I will prove you wrong. I will prove myself wrong. I'll eat that ice cream, and it'll be the best ice cream I have ever tasted (again)!

If you have something to say about that, I think you should keep it to yourself, because, chances are, you're wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment