Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gosh I'm Tired

I'm currently sitting in Avid right now. I'm really tired. It was a fantastic weekend! I was so excited to not have to work at all, whew. Being back in class sort of sucks.

Anyway, when I'm tired, I typically just say what comes to my mind.

Last night, before falling asleep, I kept thinking about poor dialog. Nathan and I were talking about that. Poor dialog is like twitter. The audience can't see what happened, so you feel as though you have to tell them. I, personally, am not a twitter fan. I have a twitter account. I followed people. That lasted about a week. I ended up bored and irritated by the frequency of people posting. I'm also not a poor dialog fan. Who really is? "Remember how last week, before the commercial break, we talked about this dying man and his odd love for penguin poop? Well he has eaten penguin poop and is now throwing up because of it. Just in case you didn't know." my ABC dramas do that a lot. It's annoying, but at the same time, it's funny.

Another thought. HOW THE HECK TO I WRITE BACK TO SOMEONE WHO GAVE ME A RETURN ADDRESS IN JAPANESE?! I got a letter this morning from Peter. I haven't talked to Peter in over a year. He went into the MTC. I wrote him a letter. That was that. We weren't close before his mission. I don't think he liked me too much. So getting a letter from him really threw me. I'm still thoroughly confused as to why he wrote. It's neat, and really nice of him, but I guess I just don't understand. I plan on writing back, but again, his address is in Japanese. I think I'm going to just cut the return address off the envelope, and tape it to the letter I send him. That should work, right? Maybe I'll photocopy it first? Hmm... and once I figure that out, what do I say? "Hey, you. Glad to hear you're doing great! I don't remember you that well, so um... this is really weird to me. Oh, and hey, I don't know if you even got this letter, because the return address was in Japanese, and I'm far too American for that..." Hmmm. He also asked about Braxton... I didn't even know they knew each other! What the heck?!

Peter remembering Braxton made me realize I don't remember more than I thought. I know I don't remember a lot, and I know where most of the holes are, but obviously there are holes I don't even remember having! WTF? I'll have to see if Braxton remembers Peter, and go from there. hmmm...

Anyway, I'm watching Dennis try and figure out why his keyboard shortcut won't work for Avid. I'm gonna go check facebook, maybe look up when the arts fest is in SLC (I probably missed it already), maybe I'll check the weather, then maybe pay attention.

Goodness I'm tired.

Enjoy:

 These crack me up.
 I think about them when I drive or am alone, and I always end up laughing out loud.
 These are great! If you didn't laugh, shame on you.
Have a good day guys!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at all of those. And they're all true and its so sad. You should tell me someday why you always refer to not having a memory. Is it really cause you got hit by a ladder?
    I think maybe the missionary is desperate for someone to write to him so he's thinking of everybody he knows. They get like that sometimes haha Or maybe he has a secret reason...dun dun dun!!!! I like the copy paste idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so random and I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete