Saturday, May 26, 2012

Morgan's Week III

This week was pretty laid back. It was a lot of fun though!

Monday I met Ahmad (turns out I keep spelling his name with an E instead of a second A... sorry). He's really funny actually. I'm definitely glad I get the chance to get to know him. We met up in the library and we talked about family and activities. We're planning a food swap thing where he makes something Arabic and I make key lime pie. haha. I hope he likes it. =/ If not, more for me!

Tuesday I met up with James at school. It was awesome seeing him again. It's been a really long time since we got to just sit and talk. Still haven't seen the Mohawk in person yet... someday I will. I really want to see his hair look like something other than a dead smurf (no offense, I love it!).

Sometime this week, I wore a bracelet I got a while ago from Rachel. It's a cute little charm bracelet that has hearts that say "follow", "your", "heart." When she gave it to me it was really big for my wrist. It frequently fell off my arm and slid right over my hand without me knowing. Now? Now it fits perfect! Super perfect! This is a picture of it in my hand:

 It fits nicely in the palm of my hand. It's weird how that happens. =) For the first time, I grew!

On Tuesday, again, Derek and I did some temporary tattoos. It was his first time ever seeing one, and it was my first time doing them with him. He picked a yin-yang symbol with a weird blade/flame thing, and a butterfly. He gave me a square design...thing...and a jolly roger tat. Here is his cute butterfly:

 At first he thought they were stickers, and then he wanted them all over his body when he figured out what they were. Silly kids. Chan and Brax also did them. Brax has four, one on each arm and each leg. Chan has two, one on each arm.

I made the first entry into my TARDIS journal. I decided I would put little adventures Nathan and I have. =) I'm going to tape a few more items into it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.



Nathan and I went on a picnic for the first time. We made PB&J sandwiches, had cookies, chips and drinks. We also tried Bundaberg's Grapefruit soda for the first time. It was actually really tasty. Their peach soda is incredible, the root beer is...icky. Nathan like sthe ginger beer though. Find some, try it! It's fun!

We tried two new soda brands today: Boylan and Weinhaus. Both root beer. Both have wicked neat bottle caps. Saved the bottles. =) (The picnic was a lot of fun, btw. I would do it again anytime! we left our cell phones in the car and just watched people and talked.)

After the picnic, we went back to his house and we watched TV. It got pretty late, so we ended up watching Seinfeld, Simpsons and a 30 Rock. I've seen plenty of Seinfeld episodes, that was the first Simpsons episode I have ever fully watched, and I felt like I wanted to die once I got to 30 Rock. My brain melted out my ears. So we jumped on the tramp in the dark. I have no balance in the dark...so that didn't last long. We ended up going on a barefoot walk around the neighborhood with cookies. =)

I forgot to mention that on Wednesday, Kenzie had soccer tryouts. She did really awesome! She is now on the Panthers city team and starts practices at the end of June. It was the first time I got called a soccer mom (time to trade my mazda for a van...) and it was the first time she's ever done something like that. She is super stoked.

Today, I tried doing my hair different, but it's too short, so it didn't work out. I'll try again when it isn't so short.

Nathan and I also did science! We found this book:

We found these experiments:



 Nathan was just wondering how to make pennies look old! Funny how those things work.

The currents of color was really cool. Here are some pics and a video of our sciencing.







Stand back! He's trying science!
 Our penny experiment
 Preparing the color experiment!
 That was one drop of soap. It scattered everything. Here's a video about it:


I haven't actually watched it. Ignore any talking in the background. It's just Nathan's family.

Anyway, that's all I've got for tonight! sorry this post was so random, I heard my posts were turning into textbooks, so I tried not to do that, and put in a lot of pictures. I feel like I nailed it.

Night guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment