Sunday, May 13, 2012

Morgan's Week

There's a first time for everything, right? Well this week was full of firsts!

It started Monday when I decided to bake key lime pie:

 Doesn't it look amazing? It tasted amazing! I'm really proud of myself for making this pie.
Grandma thought it was super delicious too! =) She said I could make it more often (which is awesome because people don't usually let me cook...)

Then I decided I wanted to paint, so paint I did! I went to wal-mart and bought some cheap paints, canvas and brushes. I didn't want to go all out and spend a ton in case I didn't like painting.

 Proof that I painted. Haha. It was a lot of fun, and I would so do it again.
I'm really proud of my painting. this was the first time I ever painted with real paints, and it was a bit harder than I thought it would be, but I really enjoyed it.

The next thing I did was sew. I've sewn before, but never without a pattern, which is what I did. I found a skirt I like on pinterest, and I sewed it based on some blogged instructions that made no sense and had no pictures. After several hours of yelling at the fabric, picking out stitches and laughing at myself, I made one massive mistake on the last stitch. It was aweosme! It turned out alright though, as long as you don't look too closely at it.

I may actually wear it tomorrow to school.

I hit some balls on the driving range with David. That's not new though. I did that in high school. Not real well, but I still did it. I did a lot better this last time. I didn't get any pictures though, sorry.

Nathan and I went to a record store. Ironic how finding old things was new to me. =) We got a great deal on some 45s, and we spent time with Wiz. It was awesome. I got a bit sick, but I still really enjoyed it.

Those aren't the 45s, obviously, but just some fun records we got.

My week of firsts ended with going to the lake to feed ducks. That wasn't a first for me, but it was a first for the kids. First time feeding ducks in the summer by the lake. Derek had the most fun, as he chased down a goose, threw rocks into the river and kicked ashes everywhere. I'll post more pictures later.


Next, I plan on cross stitching, hiking the Y, and maybe making noodles from scratch. Don't count on it though. =)

See yas later!

No comments:

Post a Comment