Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sitting in Avid

(I just noticed my screen is really dirty... it's going to drive me crazy)

I'm sitting in Avid. I'm listening to Bob show us shortcuts and tips. It's cool, but I'm too unfocused to focus (that seems redundant).

I decided to check National Geographic. I love NatGeo. I always have. It's one of the most exciting websites/magazines to me. My favorite pieces are the ones about space and the ones about digging up old stuff.

I feel super comfortable in my major as it is. It feels like home. It's fun. It's exciting. It's different everyday.

And then I go to NatGeo and I see this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/05/pictures/120511-best-space-195-science-supermoon-solar-flares-stars/?source=hp_dl1_news_space20120515#/space195-pleiades-messier-45_53101_600x450.jpg
And suddenly my stomach drops. I feel homesick. I want to stare at this picture all day. I want to look through the telescope and watch the stars flicker. I want to see the different galaxies for myself. I want to stay up all night wearing watches for Mars time.

I don't remember a lot, but I remember wanting so badly to be an astronaut just to see the stars unpolluted by the atmosphere.

Sometimes I feel so far from the stars that it makes me really sad. I love making movies, but I wanted to be a scientist. I wanted to explore what is.

And somehow, I will mix filmmaking with sciencing. That's what I really want to do. I don't want to just read about the explorations and explorers. I want to explore as an explorer. Maybe that's what I'll do.

Off to do more Avid

No comments:

Post a Comment