Thursday, June 14, 2012

Morgan's Weeks 5 and Six

Sorry I haven't posted lately. It's been a long two weeks.

Some of the highlights include finishing the shed, Orem Summerfest, and a double date.

I can't really remember all of the past couple of weeks. I haven't been sleeping real well.

The shed looks stellar. I wish I had taken a before picture, but I promise I will post an after picture! It took three days, one extra trip to pick new colors, and a lot of scary ladder maneuvers. In the end, I really enjoyed it. And Grandma really likes it (which is all that matters, since it's her shed in her yard).

The weekend of Summerfest was a blast. It was ridiculously windy, though. I think Derek was worried he would blow away. If he wasn't so close to the ground, I'm sure he would have. I enjoyed spending the day with the kids and Nathan. Unfortunately, due to the freezing wind, I didn't get many pictures... Nathan got a couple of the parade and I got a couple of us eating (which is super exciting, I'm sure).

That morning, however, we went to a breakfast hosted by Macey's grocery store down the road. It was a Spiderman themed breakfast. Eggs, bacon and spiderman cereal, and canned Sunny-D. =) A worker dressed as Spiderman and was supposed to jump from the building and swing down. During his practice swing, he slammed into the side of the building and fell to ground in a heap. Then he thought he fixed the problem, and tried again dressed as Spiderman. He jumped too hard from the building and again hit the building. He was at least more graceful.

Here's a picture of the boys with Spidey!

Derek was confused, Brax was shy, and Chan just wanted to go play on the bounce slide.

Sunday, the day after, Nathan made the most delicious Asian food. We had grilled garlic steak tips (kabobs), and herbed white rice. It was soooooo good. I am so glad I bought him that Asian cook book. =) It's a gift that keeps on giving.

Tuesday, Nathan and I went on a double date with Jack and Brian. It was a lot of fun. They're funny guys. We went to Wingers, and saw Prometheus. The movie lacked story, but the graphics are worth seeing. The sound was good at being eerie and creepy. It was cool to get to know Jack and Brian better.

I went to the dentist yesterday. If you know me, you know I'm terrified of the dentist. Grandma went with me. That made it a lot less scary. My teeth are all shiny. Turns out I have this weird infection that's causing me to hurt. So I got a mouth wash prescription. It tastes fine, it just burns like heck. Makes my tongue all tingly.

Anyway, I'll let you know how this next week goes. I promise I'll post!

1 comment:

  1. We're on your blog!! WOW! I feel very privileged. We should definitely try to hang out again.

    ReplyDelete