Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Highlights

In case you didn't notice, I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that. 

I don't have any new pictures to post up either...as I am at work and not on my own computer where all my pictures are stored. 

I'll do a quick run down of everything that I can remember! 

First, the fourth of july was really awesome! I had a lot of fun going to Nathan's family's cookout. It was the first time in all four years that Nathan and I have been together that I went to it. So that was neat! We played 2-base baseball with his brother, cousins, and uncle. The backyard wasn't that big, but it was still really tiring to play. =) 

Nathan and I also got to go boating twice last week! We went Monday with Charlie (his brother), Russ, and Natalie. The water was pretty warm and it was a lot of fun to be out on the water. (I have a picture of this one somewhere)

Also, we saw pelicans on Utah Lake. Someone please explain to me why I saw pelicans on Utah Lake... If they're native here, how come I hadn't seen them before?! Strange.

We went boating on the fourth as well. The water was cooler, and there were a lot of boats (obviously). It was still a lot of fun. Deer Creek is always pretty good. 

Due to all the fireworks this week, Derek has become obsessed with them. Everyday he asks if we can do fireworks or "splarklers." 

Unfortunately, almost everyone in my house got sick this weekend. We all had terrible headaches, some had sore throats, and others had tummy aches. The good news is, we're all better now! Except for Derek, who is still a bit under the weather. 

Construction on the school is terrifying. I've been working in a continuous earthquake. If you know me, you know my greatest fear is an earthquake. I've been running on adrenaline. I think, however, it's helped me a get over that fear a little bit. Which is good, right? However, if there is a real earthquake, I will have a really long way to get out of the building, as the front is now buried under rubble. =/ 

Today is the 1457th day of mine and Nathan's relationship. That's almost four years. Crazy, right? I can't believe I've known him for four years! It doesn't feel like it at all. I've loved every single day, though! We've done a lot together, and we'll keep doing a lot!

Some of the things we've done this week include trying new recipes, visiting the city creek mall for the first time, and going to the lake to get some fun pictures. This Sunday is our anniversary. I'll try to be good and post pictures. 

For now that's all. Sorry for the long and pictureless post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment