Friday, July 20, 2012

Random: Thoughts and Photos

My weeks have been filled with a lot of school and work. I'm trying to work extra hours now to make up for the week I'll be gone. It's really tiring. I know my job isn't demanding, just having to be here gets tiring. I'm really happy I have awesome coworkers and that Nathan and I work in the same building. =)

Here's a random picture!

This is the North Sail Dock at Utah Lake. Nathan and I went down there for pictures and walking around. Sail boats seem really cool. Someday I will go sailing... or sit on a sailboat while someone else does the actual sailing. Not because I'm lazy, but because I don't think it's a good idea for me to sail without any practice first.

Here's a random thought!

The BSA have kept the ban on gays being involved in scouts. That really makes me sad. BSA is supposed to be a program that teaches boys to be good citizens, right? A gay boy is still a boy. He should still get a chance to participate. A gay man is still a man. Being gay doesn't affect your ability to be a good person. If a man feels that he can contribute to the growth and learning of young boys, then he should be allowed to do so. Being gay doesn't make you an evil person. Being gay doesn't change the fact that you are human. Being gay doesn't change your desire to participate in the community. These boys are the future of America. Do we want them to love everyone and have everyone's best interest at heart? Or do we want them to grow up not liking what's different? If we don't raise the future of America to be good citizens and leaders, we can't expect them to help in the progress of America. What we do now will affect not just the boys and gay men, but the entire future.

Here's another random picture!

 NATHAN! We celebrated our 4th anniversary on Sunday. Well Saturday, but it was actually Sunday.

Here's another random thought!

Earlier today, as in an hour ago, a lady came in with two high school aged boys. The lady was a coordinator for the Summer Bridge program at UVU. (Summer Bridge is a program that allows high school students to come and take college classes.) I think it's awesome how much she really cared about each of the kids she was with. You could tell that the kids were comfortable with her and could trust her. That's the kind of person I want to be. I want kids, and adults, to feel comfortable around me and trust me.

Here's a random photo from the interwebz!

welp! have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary!! :) And I wanted to say that I was very touched by what you said about gay men and scouting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete