Friday, November 16, 2012

Just popping in

I'm not sure I have much to say. I just feel like I haven't said anything in a long while. Since that's the case, Hi! Hey everyone. How are you? I hope everyone is doing alright.

I came on here with nothing to say, but then I remembered something. You know all those cliches that relate to life? The "you don't know what you have til it's gone" or the "if you love something you have to let it go, if it returns it was meant to be" or "the grass is always greener on the other side." Those don't relate to every aspect of life, but people try really hard to get them to. The last one relates a lot better to a lot more topics, but the first two are rarely applicable. Lately, I've finally understood them. They've finally meant something...

The second one actually occurred to me first. Sometimes, the best thing you can do for someone you love is let them go. Maybe not forever, but for a period of time. People aren't meant to be kept in one place forever. We need space. Everyone needs space. If you love someone, you give them what makes them happy. Space tends to make people happy. Therefore, you give them space. You let them go. It's a sad, yet freeing, bit of knowledge I've figured out for myself.

The first one came second. It's pretty self-explanatory... Sometimes, you begin to take things for granted. When they leave, or when you lose them, you realize just how important they were to you. I lost something recently. I knew that losing it would be awful, painful, and really really hard to deal with. I lost it anyway. I want to replace it so badly. I can't handle it being gone. But somethings can never be replaced...ever. The only thing to do is find a way around it and find a way to do things differently. It sucks. I feel incomplete now. I'm learning to cope without it. It'll be tough until I can get it back.

While typing all that, I was thinking about myself. Not in a conceited way...mostly not in a conceited way. It was mostly in an introspective way. I guess lately, I've been doing things to mask what I don't want to deal with. I'm not doing what I truly want, I'm just doing things to hide what I don't want to deal with. I don't know how long I can do that for, but I think I need to figure stuff out.

This is the most ridiculously vague blog post I have ever written. Sorry guys. I probably piqued some interest as well as annoyed some of you. I'm sorry.

To make up for it, I'll tell you a story.

There's a barn, out in Vineyard. It's abandoned, and creepy as heck. Brian and I go out there once in a while. Once we came across some kids, we scared them by making them think we were police. They ran like their lives depended on it. This past time that we went, we saw some more kids. Turns out I actually knew them. We snuck into the barn from the back as they came around the front. They were so scared, it was fantastic. To add to their fright, we jumped out at them. One of the boys screamed, it was awesome. I told Brian their names, and he casually dropped them. Were they scared? Yes, yes they were. It was probably the best thing ever.

That was a short and poorly told story. I guess I'm not really into this lately. When I get out of this rut, I'll explain more. Sorry guys. Here, enjoy:

Gosh, even that picture was weak. Holy cow. Hang on, let me find you a better one:

Found it. This makes me laugh every time!

That's so much better. At least this post had some redeeming qualities. Right? Eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment