Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week One of Freedom!

You guys, I made it! I actually made it! I graduated! Bachelors of Science in DGM, aw yea! Like a boss! I was a little worried my grades wouldn't be up to par to actually get a diploma, but this semester was by far the best. (Nothing below a B-.)

My professors were amazing. I can't tell you enough how amazing they were.

Matt (for ASL 1010) was incredible. I never ever dreaded going to his class, even when I forgot to do my homework. He was exactly what I expect every teacher to be like. He was always smiling and laughing. I don't think that man has a serious bone in his body. Class was always really great. He gave a million great examples of each thing, and was always really really clear on what he wanted. Nothing was left in the grey area. It was a great experience.

I met a lot of great people because of that class, as well. I can now communicate with a large number of people that were virtually unreachable before. It's amazing. I love it! I think I'll continue on with it in the coming years. The culture and the language are both really great! I love it! Thanks, Matt!

James (for Scriptwriting for Stage and Screen) was hands down the best creative writing teacher I have ever had. I struggled a bit in his class, which was the best part. He pushed me farther than any other writing teacher ever has. I learned more from him than I thought I would, that's for sure. I really enjoyed it. I now feel both more confident and less confident in my own writing. I feel like I know more now, and I have a better understanding of what direction to go, but I also can see now where I am truly lacking. It's an amazing thing! I can't wait to write more...but I can also wait to write more...

Dennis (for senior projects) was his usual Dennis-y self: scattered and talkative. It was really great though. I learned more from him this semester than I have all semester, and I think it's because he was more hands-off. Usually he's very hands-on, always on top of your work. This semester he left it up to us, which was great. I got to see where the lines were: where my tasks and responsibilities ended and where his began. It was a nice change. I'm very thankful for that. Thank you, Dennis.

Marj (for technical writing) was pretty fantastic. Her class was very different from any others I've taken. We played with legos, ate cookies, made sandwiches, and had a lot of professionals talk to us. It was a great experience. The class was always really simply put together, but that provided for the best lessons. It was always open for discussion, and she was very willing to talk and foster our discussions. Never once did we wonder what was going on, or what needed to happen. It was a pretty fun class. =)

If I tagged you and you read all that, then you can stop reading if you like. I just wanted to say thank you to my professors. =) so THANK YOU! A million thanks for helping me get through the semester!

Compared to this past semester, this week has been strange. It's been so empty, so free, and yet so painfully stressful.

School is now over. No more homework. No more tests... WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!!

Everything seems so scary, and yet, I have never been more excited. I have the whole world at my finger tips! It's great! It's terrifying! I'm ready!

I've been applying for jobs daily, but as you all know, it's rough finding them. =( I just found one though, about ten minutes ago that I want more than all the stars in the sky. I'm crying because there is one qualification I don't specifically meet...and that makes me horribly sad. I'm going to apply anyway, and pray harder than ever for it. Please wish me luck!

In the meantime, I went to the library. I checked out ten books. Ten incredibly large books. Here's a photo of me with the books:

(I threw that in to break up the text)

They're mostly design books. I'm going to teach myself InDesign. I don't know that program, so I figured, why not! It'll give me something to do with my time. In fact, I wanted to learn InDesign in a month (a little shorter than a block semester at UVU), so I got a whiteboard and created a set of goals, or daily tasks...

Let's see if I can keep up on this. I'm going to hang it in my bathroom, so I see it every morning as a reminder, and every night to see that I actually did it. Here's to hoping, right! =)

Since I haven't had too much to do, I went on a field trip with Chandler's class. Here's a photo of Chan holding a June Sucker (one of two native fishes in Utah Lake):






Well that's about it. I'm gonna go work on my resume and cover letter for that dream job. WISH ME LUCK! (Pray, cross your fingers, eat fish chips and custard, whatever will help me have good luck)

Here's a funny gif for good measure! 

Love you! (for karma)


P.S. I got bored at work one day, during a rush time (there was a small break). I drew people's ID pictures in paint. They make me laugh really hard whenever I see them. ENJOY!

Double P.S. I made a rug! It turned into more of a hat, but I made a rug!



1 comment:

  1. I like InDesign. I studied it for a semester up at Utah State when I was doing my Interior Design major. It's a fun thing to work with! We should play with it together!

    ReplyDelete