Friday, September 27, 2013

Long time no see

It's been a while. For anyone who was wondering, I have not died. I haven't even come close. I've just been busy with other things. Things such as homework.

If you read that twice, that's okay. Yes, I did graduate in April. And yes, I still have homework. Not for my digital media degree. But I'm attempting to go for my masters. I shouldn't publicly announce that, but I just did. I'm doing some pre-requisite classes for the MFA of creative writing. I want to be able to teach writing...mainly in Ireland. So I'm trying really hard for it.

In fact, that's what I should be doing right now. Is just some typing to put towards my application. I made the mistake of going on facebook first though. I thought "I'll just check updates while I get comfy." Yea, no. That did not work. As soon as I opened FB, all creative thoughts went out the window. It was ridiculous. I don't think I have ever felt a thought leave my mind so quickly as I did in that moment. I learned my lesson.

That's why I'm here. I'm trying to get back into a mode where I can write. I hope to write at least two pages today. That's not at all a lot. I have written far more in one sitting, but I seem to be getting distracted more easily than when I was younger. For example, in writing this post, I paused and tried to think of annoying things I can do to annoy the studios Asian girl sitting across the room from me. My typing seems to be bugging her, and she doesn't like my rainboots.

I also paused to use the bathroom. And to stare at the man who just packed up his laptop. And to look for an outlet. And to give dirty looks back to the Asian who doesn't like my typing. She was here first, but I'm not using a typewriter. I don't know what her problem is. My keyboard is relatively quiet. Plus, she keeps tapping her boots on the floor and her chair legs. THAT is annoying.

Maybe I should start writing something that matters. Like pages for my application. I probably should have done that weeks ago, but it's never too late to start. (Except for if today was January 16th of 2014...that would be too late to start.)

Wish me luck!

Also, if you have any ideas for how to annoy the Asian across the room from me, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment