Thursday, August 17, 2017

0-200 Challenge

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but I decided to do a 0-200 challenge. What's that? I'll tell you what it is!

It's a simple work-out. I mean really simple. I downloaded 3 apps. Each of them is a different workout. I got pushups (which is only 0-100, thank heaven!), sit-ups, and squats. The app takes you through each day's workout, including resting intervals. All you do is pick whichever day you're on, and follow the directions. Super easy (the app, not the pushups...).

This is the app logo for the pushups:


Kid you not, I picked these apps because of the logos (they're all similar). I judge apps by their covers... This was a good choice though. Seriously.

The apps want you to work out each day until you are able to accomplish the entire 200 (or 100). I am not doing that. There is no way on this earth that I would be able to do sit-ups, pushups, and squats. Guys, I can barely do pushups as it is, and that's probably only because I have to tote M around in his carseat (that kid is HEAVY!). Instead, I am doing them one each day. This means it's going to take me 3 times longer, but I am more than okay with that. Slow and steady wins the race.

I am not a fan of workout blogs or fitness journals. That is a lifestyle I will never fit into. I am a huge fan of relaxing walks and couch cuddles. I'm going to keep posting about this challenge, but realize it's going to be an average mom's experience. That means I will likely curse the sky with every sit-up, and fall over after 15 squats, but I'll let you know about those. Don't expect to see a peppy "I feel great!" in my posts...honestly I'm going to have jello legs and a headache. Again, I don't know what possessed me to do this. No one even asked. But now that I have started, I have to finish cuz I ain't no quittah!

I've done each exercise once (so I've been doing this for three days). Here is a picture of that result:



Pretty dang good for having had M 4 months ago! (This is the most I've ever weighed without a baby in there, and I love it! I am not doing this to lose weight. Honestly, I love my weight, my body, and my jello legs.)

Don't let that smile fool you, though. I did the squats today at work (great desk exercise) and then walked 100 miles around the junior high helping C and B find their classes (16 teachers...16...parent teacher conferences will be fun...). My abs still ache from sit-ups, and my arms hurt from pushups (or from carrying M, it's tough to tell which is harder). Through these aches, I'll find the joy. Hopefully you can find it with me!

If you want to do the challenge with me, let me know so I can shoot you support emails/texts (because everyone needs a good gif to keep them going).

Wish me luck, guys! And if you see me wobbling down the street, you'll know it was squats day.

No comments:

Post a Comment