Saturday, August 19, 2017

3 FAQ

There are three questions people often ask me:

1. Did you cut your hair?

The answer is yes. I did in fact cut my hair. It was hot. M kept pulling handfuls out. I hated washing it (it took nearly a whole day to do). I just wanted something simple and easy. Now it's five minutes in the shower and I can be out the door! M still grabs handfuls when he can reach it though.

2. How's married life?

We got married a little over a year ago, so people still ask this. It's great. I love it. I can't imagine a time before we got married. What did we do with ourselves? How did we go to separate houses each night? It's hard enough saying goodnight and closing my eyes...I'm not sure how I managed to live in a different city than Rich. Man oh man!

What I like most about married life is getting to spend as many seconds as humanly possible with Richi. We get to go grocery shopping together, get our cars washed, feed M, move couches, clean garages, and laugh while doing it all. I feel like movies and TV shows depict a lot of "perfect" relationships as the ones where people disagree on nearly everything, where they fight about loading the dishwasher, where they get jealous because someone stayed late at work. Media calls it passion. I call it awful. I can't imagine spending eternity with someone I couldn't laugh with at every possible second.

I had the C-section for M, and my insides hurt pretty badly. We were tired beyond belief. M needed to be fed every ten minutes, I swear! It was a little bit of a "rough patch"...as rough as we get. And we had to watch these child care videos given to us by the hospital. While informational, they were dull as all get out, but in the middle Richi made a joke and we laughed. Then I cried because my insides hurt, but we laughed. We laughed the night before the C-section, when suddenly the pregnancy turned very serious. We laughed in the operating room. We laugh when M keeps us up at night. We're happy together.

More importantly, we communicate. We talk about everything. If I had a bad day, I tell him. If he's had a bad day, he tells me. If he doesn't like how I forget to rinse my bowl, he tells me (and then I do it because he loads the dishwasher and it's the least I can do). If he's uncomfortable, he tells me. If I am in a bad mood, I tell him. There is no guessing in our relationship. That's what makes it perfect.

I don't get upset when he works late (because sometimes he has to). He doesn't get upset when I have to spend the evening school shopping with the older kids. He texts his friends (some of which are girls), and I text my friends (some of which are guys). Richi wasn't great at flirting when we dated, so I know he isn't out flirting with others. Even if he was good at flirting, I know he loves me. He makes that very very clear in his actions and words. We trust each other because we love each other.

So how is married life? It's amazing. I am married to an amazing man and I couldn't be happier!

3. How is M?

M is great. He can't figure out how to poop yet, though. (Is that weird that I said that on here? I'm a mom now. It's what moms talk about...poop and throw up...) He also heats up like a small furnace. We like to keep him naked because he tends to sweat like he's run a marathon in the Sahara. We're working on figuring that out.

Other than those small hiccups, he is doing great! He loves this little toy that we call Giggle Cat (if you squeeze her tummy she giggles and says "I love you"). Everything he can get to his mouth immediately goes in, which makes him a cannibal if I don't feed him quickly enough... He starts gnawing on my arm. He loves to sit up. He hates laying down unless it's time to sleep. When he goes to my grandma's house, he loves to watch the older boys and demands they carry him. He talks to lightbulbs and ceiling fans. I don't know why, but he does. He loves to be read to.

And my favorite thing ever is that he loves to sing. Music comes on and he begins singing his heart out. He can be screaming right up to when the music starts. He'll stop and sing. But once the music stops, the screaming starts again. He also loves to sing with his dad. Richi sings to him and he sings back. It's probably the cutest thing this planet has ever seen.

Since I am one of those moms, I take at least a dozen pictures a day of M. Here are a few of my favorite:

Just hanging out on the chair. 

He loves when dad feeds him. 

This yellow blanket was handmade for him. He hugs that like there's no tomorrow.
(I will post a link to her shop once I find it)

He's always on the go so a track suit is fitting. 

Dino jammies ftw. 

His favorite place to be is in dad's lap. 

He always has something to say. 

My friends got this Minky blanket for him and he loves it. It's soft and easy to chew on. 

He's so peaceful. 

Never too young to meet the Ishes.
(Link at the bottom to buy your own Ishes!)

Sometimes he goes into a food coma

He loves to copy the faces dad makes. 

Could he be any cuter! 


He would have dad carry him around all day if it were possible. 

He's rarely not smiling. 

Lookin' sharp in his suit. 

This is one of my favorite pictures. M loves to sleep with his dad, almost more than he likes sleeping with me.




M is snuggled up in bed, and Richi is waiting for me to eat cake. I best get off the computer and eat my cake before bed. 

Where to buy Ishes: https://www.ishtoys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment