Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Longer Time, No See

Last time I posted, I had every intention of writing often, I thought maybe I'd make some profound statements about marriage. Maybe I'd give expert advice for other first time moms. Instead I neglected my blog and lived my life.

I could attempt to fill you in on every little detail of the past year, but let's be serious. I don't even remember what happened yesterday. Life zooms by so quickly that everything blurs together like riding a train in the rain (near a plane with your friend Jermaine). Unlike a train in the rain, though, life doesn't stop to let you off. Instead you have to enjoy the ride, jot down the important details, and relax.

That's what we've done this year. We've grabbed the memories we can with pictures and journal entries. We've relaxed together after long days and weeks. We've enjoyed every tiring second of every exhausting day

The trite phrase "they grow up so quickly" is often said sadly, as if to say watching the baby grow isn't amazing. M is growing quickly. Amazingly quick. But that's the fun! Every day he learns something knew. He astounds us with his talents. His smile and laugh melt our hearts (he thinks he's hilarious). Every day we get to cuddle him, help him, guide him, and love him. It's incredible to watch him experience life.

That sounds like we know we won't have him long. As if he was born with an illness that could take him at any minute. That's not the case. There are many, many families out there riding that train. That is not our train. We got lucky. M was born 5 weeks early, but never saw the NICU. He was placed in my arms when they pulled him out (well, as much as he could have been with me so medicated), and we got to come home the same day I did. I wouldn't trade that for the world, but I also don't plan on taking these moments for granted. I don't know what the world holds for M or our family, but for now we are enjoying every small moment.

Speaking of moments, here's the one I am enjoying right now:



















Night time is one of my favorite times. Mostly because I am a huge fan of sleep, but also because he talks in his sleep. He coos and giggles. I don't know what angels dream about, but I bet it's marvelous.

I am not promising I'll be back, but you might just see a little more of me around. (And if you don't re-read this post, because it's likely nothing will have changed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment